Membership is open to U.P. alumni residing in New South Wales or the Australian Capital Territory
Please download the membership form and submit it with your fee to the address indicated.
Types of Members
- Regular Members are permanent residents /citizens of Australia (NSW or ACT) who have completed a degree, certificate, diploma or have been awarded an honorary title by the University of the Philippines. The fee is $25/person or $40/couple for two years (renewable).
- Associate Members. The following may qualify as associate members:
a) Spouses and/or children 18 years and over of the regular member.
b) UP alumni who are undertaking further studies in Australia on scholarship or similar arrangement but not permanently residing in Australia
c) Persons who have completed the equivalent of two years’ study in UP.
- Honorary Members are persons who have shown special interest in or rendered service to the Association or the University of the Philippines, provided they are nominated by two regular members of good standing and ratified by a majority vote of the members at regular meeting.
- Life Members are persons who are Regular or Associate Members who are granted life membership provided they pay the prescribed fee and continue to abide by the By-Laws of the Association. One-time fee is $100 per member or $150 per couple.
Rights of Members
- All members have the right to:
a) attend meetings of the Association
b) receive copies of minutes, reports, and other relevant publications of the Association
- All members of good standing have the right to propose amendments and resolutions, and to vote on these at the regular and special meetings.
Members of Good Standing
All members who have paid their annual or life membership fees shall be considered members of good standing (financial members).